Spring Coconut Bird’s Nests
Yield 12 Servings
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 5-ounces unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Nature Nates 100% Pure, Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- 10-ounce candy coated eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 12-cup muffin tin. Whisk together egg, honey, extract and salt until well combined. Add to coconut and flour. (Kids can do this with clean hands. It’s a bit messy, so you know they’ll want to get into the fun.) Divide into muffin tins. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Press centers of “nests” while still warm to form an indentation in each.
When cool, add candy to center.